For drivers in search of the ultimate ultra-luxury sedan, there are two marques that always come to mind: Rolls-Royce and Bentley. Each British automaker prides itself on making sure their vehicles are nothing but absolute perfection down to every last stitch.View New Bentley Inventory
View Rolls-Royce Inventory
Whether you’re behind the wheel or a passenger, when you’re in a 2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost
or a 2016 Bentley Mulsanne
, you are guaranteed an unparalleled ultra-luxury experience. STL Motorcars carries both of these excellent models, and would encourage you to take a look and see what makes the Rolls-Royce Ghost and Bentley Mulsanne two of the most compelling vehicles to be in and around.
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost vs. 2016 Bentley Mulsanne: Performance and Engine Specifications
While both the 2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost and the 2016 Bentley Mulsanne are focused on supreme luxury as their ultimate goal, each prestigious brand has an illustrious motorsports history. Keeping with tradition, each has performance figures that would make supercars blush.
|2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost
||2016 Bentley Mulsanne
|Twin-Turbo 6.6 L V12
||Twin-Turbo 6.75 L V8
|563 HP @ 5250 RPM
||505 HP @ 4200 RPM
|575 lb.-ft. @ 1500 RPM
||752 lb.-ft. @ 1750 RPM
The torque and top speed of the Mulsanne is more tailored to the driver, while the Rolls-Royce has a superior 0-60 MPH time that seems more conducive to those in a hurry to a high-powered meeting.
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost vs. 2016 Bentley Mulsanne: Interior Luxury and Technology
It is nearly impossible to detail every single painstakingly engineered interior amenity—like the umbrellas embedded in the doorsills of the Rolls-Royce Ghost, or the handmade removable ashtrays inside the Bentley Mulsanne—so we will take a look at some more prominent features of each model.
2016 Bentley Mulsanne
- A retractable 10.4-in. touchscreen tablet in each rear seat that connect to an in-car WiFi hotspot for 4G connectivity, video calling, DVD use, and cloud-based media. These can also be removed and used independently.
- With a choice of 12 exotic wood trims, two stitch choices in multiple colors, and 12 rich leather options available in four color split options, the interior trim and color combinations are nearly endless.
- Comfort Specification comes with four heated and ventilated massage seats and front-to-rear lambs wool rugs.
- Several rear refrigeration options from cocktail cabinet to a frosted glass refrigerated bottle cooler and bespoke crystal champagne flutes
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost
- Rear iDrive® system is able to adjust vehicle dynamics and infotainment options to your preference even when you are not behind the wheel. It even has the Spirit of Ecstasy embedded within the touch knob.
- Starlight Headliner that mimics the night sky through fiber optics that are integrated into the leather headliner. Rolls-Royce will even tailor the headliner so it displays a specific constellation or the night sky on your birthday.
- The signature Ghost suicide doors can be closed by a button that activates an electric motor.
- Heated, cooled, and massaging seats throughout are offered in a nearly endless multitude of wood trim and leather options that are similar to the Bentley.
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost vs. 2016 Bentley Mulsanne: Exterior Design Elements
Both the Mulsanne and the Ghost were designed specifically to evoke images of their heritage while still adding contemporary touches.
2016 Bentley Mulsanne Exterior Design Elements
In an interview, Bentley designer Brett Boydell went in depth on what makes the Mulsanne distinct while retaining their signature design language. He states the front grill has been increased in size to create a “more dominant appearance” than previous models. The headlights have also been “designed specifically around jewels,” while the taillights have sculpted LED housings in the shape of the signature Bentley “B” emblem. “When this car pulls up behind you, you know it is a Bentley.”
2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost Exterior Design Elements
Aside from the signature retracting Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament, there are other design cues that Rolls-Royce has used since its inception. A fact that the British automaker likes to point out is that the height of every Rolls-Royce that has ever been built is exactly two times the height of the wheel well, making for a proportionate and distinct aesthetic.
View New Bentley Inventory
View Rolls-Royce Inventory
Whether you are looking to drive or be driven, both the 2106 Rolls-Royce Ghost and the 2016 Bentley Mulsanne can be tailored to your exacting specifications and can be found at STL Motorcars in St. Louis, the Midwest’s largest Rolls-Royce and Bentley dealership. Browse through our inventory
of Rolls-Royce and Bentley ultra-luxury motorcars right now to see the models we have on hand. If you have any questions about getting behind the wheel on the pinnacle of luxury, give us a call at 636-489-3788
or use our online contact form
to get in touch.